Monday, October 02, 2006

Minivan Mom after all...


We took the plunge. Held our breathe, covered our ears for fear of the ridicule we just may encounter, and swallowed all pride...

We bought a 2001 Honda Odyssey. We will, unfortunately, be selling the 1999 Subaru Outback we have grown to love and appreciate. Yet when weighing the pros and cons of buying a larger vehicle we discovered it was well within our personal ministry desires to have the capacity to 'haul' people. And we weren't going to do it at 16-20 mpg for an SUV that seemed to 'better fit' our personalities. So we went for the only minivan I have ever been willing to look at. The Honda Odyssey. Yes, I'm proud to say this 7 seater beast will do 27 mpg on the highway while doing about 22 around town. That's better than the Subaru has ever done!

We will be handing over the cash and picking the van up this coming Wednesday. My first long haul will be this weekend as I drive over Snoqualmie Pass with my Mom and the kids to visit them in the Tri-Cities. Actually, I will be 'babysitting' my younger sister, Hannah, while my parents begrudgingly hop a flight to Switzerland for 2 weeks. During that time I will HAUL Hannah, Katie, Will and myself to and from school, volleyball practice, volleyball games, the store, etc. I'm sure it will be a luxurious ride - everything that I've ever dreamed in a MINIVAN.

I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krista you are so hilarious. I just think it is so funny to see how you "gave in" to the whole minivan thing. And I'm sure those two weeks will be fun, esspecially to be driven to school in a minivan. I can't wait to have you for two weeks!
love you tons!
lil sis