Saturday, May 23, 2009

Date night... almost.

The eldest of our three wonderful children were lovingly shuttled off to Bainbridge Island yesterday afternoon (we sent snacks and a cell phone). Kyle, BEN and I got to have a luxurious evening at home together. Just the THREE of us.

I made a feast of mozzarella, basil and tomato appetizers, a nice bottle of wine, spinach salad with nuts and strawberries and Carne Asada fresh off the grill. It was fabulous and the conversation was excellent once we got past the awkward 'what do you say on a first date' moment. Its never a problem when Kyle and I high-tail it to a nice restaurant -- there's purpose and the pendulum has swung completely to the right when what you're used to being knee deep in diapers and cutting up meat, refilling liquids and saying things like, 'yes, you may be excused.'

I'm madly in love with my husband and I think we'll be doing this a lot more... consider yourself warned, Kathy. Soon I'll pack all three onto a ferry...

No comments: