Monday, May 18, 2009

Hey Time, can we talk?

I wanted to fit it in my schedule to talk with you and ask you, politely, to stop. Don't let them grow up without me watching.


I strolled through Central Market as though I was sleeping. Passing items that were on my list in an attempt to find the one item that was hard to find. I passed the frozen pastry sheets numerous times in an attempt to find what I thought would be 'fresh' pasta shells... I passed the shredded cheese numerous times whilst picking up the Ricotta cheese and again, looking for the pasta shells. I passed the fresh basil while shopping the produce section and had to retrieve it at the end...

It was not a delightful shopping trip. I wanted to be home. I wanted to be 'on top' of things and not last minute. I wanted to stop filling the empty spots in my planner and begin right then focusing on what God has called me to. Ironically, this was one of those things that I knew God was favoring. Unfortunately, I had set so many things in front of this moment for Jesseca and Baby Reese that I didn't get to fully enjoy the moments preparing for this celebration.

With no one to blame but myself, I checked out and drove half-awake to the next store praying that God's grace would be upon me. That His hand of power would be over me allowing me to get through another day of ME and the good things I do.

Today I didn't shower... today I let the kids run in and out of the back yard whilst finding slugs... today a pill-bug was lost in the house... today I washed laundry, did dishes and took kids to school... today I wrote absolutely nothing in my planner for the days to come.

Today I took Time and let it do its own thing.

No comments: