Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Understanding 'being lit'.

I'm no Yuen Lui wannabe... nor am I aspiring to be a studio portrait photographer. I would, on the other hand, love to understand lighting so that I can create an emotional and dramatic picture indoors when the natural lighting doesn't suffice. Consequently, I purchased a 2-light kit from Photobasics just a couple of weeks ago and have discovered how much I have to learn about manipulating light and the dramatic effect it can have on your subject(s).

This is fun... here's a few shots we took tonight after dinner.

PLEASE DON'T MIND THE SLATE BACKGROUND...

(A) This has the 'perfect' (per the kit instructions) lighting:


(B) This shots a little 'hot' actually. Pardon the pun. ;)


(C) This shot was taken with only one light.


Oi... I hope Katie never reaches modeling height.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i will hope along side you....wow!

Maggie said...

Can you get that figured out before I come with three cute kids and another model wannabee...?