Thursday, March 09, 2006

Soon we'll do "this" again...


(Photo: Kyle and Catherine Elizabeth Schei - aka, "Katie" - September 19th, 2004)

For those of you who have read the previous post, I would like to follow it up with information from the 'doc'. I AM not, WAS not, and probably will not be for the next couple of days, in labor. Yes, when I sat facing her in the exam room and she gave me her diagnosis of what's going on, my heart fell for a split second. But then I was suddenly impacted by the reality of the situation. I would go home, take a shower, wait for my husband to get home from work, put Katie to bed, sit up watching TV with Kyle, maybe sip a glass of red wine, go to bed and anticipate the next day with Katie... all the NORMAL stuff that I do. Before I know it, I will be suddenly surprised by either intense pain in my abdomen and back OR a large gush of fluid making it's way down my legs and it will be at that moment that I jump for joy that my son is about to arrive! See, this week I went through that excitement already -- now, I'll get to experience that SAME anticipation all over again. Maybe high expectations ARE a good thing after all... :)


(Photo: Me, the evening before Catherine arrived, September 18th, 2004)

Thank you to everyone who has been thinking about our family during this time. We are very excited. *Above, I have shared one of my favorite photos of all time with you (it's rather vulnerable of me, actually, to let you see this one) -- Katie, only a few hours old, resting on her daddy's chest. I took this picture and will never forget the intensity of my emotions at that moment. Unexplainable.

Yep, we're doing this craziness again -- and it's the best decision we will have ever made.

No comments: