Monday, September 29, 2008

I can't stop...

My camera's with me wherever I go these days... as I've chosen to take on the exciting challenge of photographing children and families on a professional level I realize my desire to shoot and become more familiar with the art is increasing exponentially! I love that I love it.

This morning as I walked through the bright yellow leaves in my driveway I realized that although I was initially mildly annoyed by the eyesore (aka an untidy driveway) I couldn't wait to get the camera out and capture "Fall" and all of its color! Jesseca and Regan came over early this morning to sip coffee and play dress up... hopefully its obvious as to who was doing what. The moment Regan came downstairs dressed in Katie's brilliantly pink fairy dress I rushed the kids outside to "play in the leaves" and we had a quick 10-minute photo shoot. It was after the umpteenth shot that I realized, I can't stop... I am in love with this art...

Just this past Saturday I awoke to the cool, crisp air of Fall coupled with the beautiful sunshine... the desire to get outside and take pictures before the sun shines only at the mercy of the clouds of Fall and Winter overwhelmed me. I called my dear friend, Rachel, and asked if she, Jeremy and the girls would accompany us on a trip to Stocker Farm's Corn Maze just down in the Snohomish Valley... she said 'yes' and politely asked me to refrain from using her as a 'subject'... uh... ok... but really?! How can I not photograph a classy pregnant lady... on a beautiful sunny Fall day... in the middle of a corn maze... with the fantastic hair and sexy jeans?! I took advantage of her presence and enjoyed it immensely.

We followed Kyle as he navigated the soon-to-be hungry for lunch and tired for nap crowd o' children through the corn maze. We threwthe kids in the air and some didn't even seemed to notice that they were, for an instant, suspended 12 ft. off the ground with only the hope of being caught...

Oooh... it was a fantastic time together... and you better believe I'll be back down there opening day of the pumpkin patch.

I think the hubby might have some photography skills of his own... nice shot, love.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are amazing. I need you to shoot Georgia and Charli Kate!

I love you dear friend.

the mind behind said...

Beautiful pictures. Enough said!

Sara said...

Great job K! What camera are you using? You are always welcomed to take pics of Kena! Take a look at my blog, I have been trying a bit of photography myself!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Krista Schei! You know I love your photography and am a whole-hearted supporter of your new-found passion. But, could you at least have used the lens that takes off 20 lb?

love you - really, I do,
Rachel