Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hey you.

Do you ever realize that you haven't said "hi" to yourself yet and its already 12noon?! Most days I've gotten a peek of myself, if not had a conversation with myself, by 12 noon... but not today. Today I've dealt with the remnants of last night's dinner and sick-child laundry. Today I've walked 41 flights of stairs to the rhythm of my kids' voices. They needed help from pouring milk to pulling down underwear... from wiping hands to turning on a movie... from tracking down favorite pajamas to tracking down the Lincoln Log directions. Today I've swaddled a baby at least 10 times in hopes of him being overcome by the soothing organic fabric sending him into dreamland. Today I've done dishes, wiped counter tops, served 4 meals to 2 children - staggered, folded 3 loads of laundry, nursed 4 times and laid 3 children to rest.

I've said hi to myself once.

No comments: