Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cool new camera tricks...

Please excuse the fact that the focal point of this picture was my fungis foot (currently being treated - ok, lazily being treated, but none the less, its been diagnosed and the prognosis is good) but its the background that has been my evening's homework. I was reading and learning about "depth of field" in my pictures.

For this exercise my camera was set in Manual mode so that I could manipulate the aperature/f-stop/diaphragm as I took the picture. My intent was to create a greater focus on my subject and blur the background to the extent that I wanted. With a smaller aperature - diaphragm set at 1/22, or f/22, in the top photo the depth of field was greater - meaning that the background had greater detail and detracted from my fungis foot. In the lower photo I opened up my aperature to 1/4, or f/4, and the background was much more blurred!

I know its exciting to you.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: