Thursday, October 02, 2008

Basil plant...

Just the other day at Trader Joe's I bought myself (and my family) a basil plant - $3.29 for a basil plant... I LOVE basil. I will eat a salad o' basil -- in fact, my dearest friend Jenny makes a basil salad with wonderful toppings and a fantastic family recipe of caesar dressing that is to die for and if it weren't for those evenings of eating the remainder of that salad I wouldn't have the unquenchable (if not unhealthy) desire for basil leaves that I do today.

As I write this I have made a Wild Harvest box of baby romaines extend well beyond its intended "servings per container" due to my basil plant... and am about to sop up the rest of my homemade caesar dressing by plucking the immature leaves from the stem and shoveling the soup into my mouth... going to bed fully satisfied (ok, only partially satisfied because I ALWAYS have a bowl of cereal prior to laying my head on the pillow) and wreaking of garlic and mayo... God bless Kyle for sleeping through the in and outs of my breathing.

In an excitement to find another wonderful recipe allowing me to harvest my newly purchased basil plant (I thought originally, prior to purchasing this specimen, that I wouldn't be able to "keep up with it" but who am I kidding... it can't keep up with me!) I found a delectable recipe - Lobster, Corn, Zucchini and Basil Salad. The recipe calls for a mere 12 x 1.5lb. lobsters... that would be equivalent to approximately $273.48 of lobster. I'm planning on making it for our next small group... let me think: Christelle, Chenin, Jeremy, Rachel, Kyle, myself, Corrie, Micah, Grant and Cristin... and the kids (2 lobsters total). Yep, that about sums it up.

The perfect dinner.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Um yeah, so the schwarks will definately be there for that dinner!!! Yummmmmmmm