Monday, October 27, 2008

A McDonald's Day

Following breakfast this morning I swept my floor. This may come as no surprise to you all as I do have a 7 month old, 2 year old and 4 year old partying in this crib the better part of 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

But it does come as a surprise to me. Beads getting strewn across the floor while Katie and William wolf down a couple bowls of Mac N Cheese is an ordinary event in our house -- yet the logic just isn't there. Somehow what happens is that William, while eating his Mac N Cheese, reaches into his dirty jeans pocket, pulls out Katie's broken beaded necklace, holds it by the tail and in slow motion watches as every bead falls clattering to the floor with no limits as to how far they will bounce...

See? What I don't understand is that the mere presence of my children is not unlike a scene going from black and white to colorful in a smooth rolling fashion from left to right... they appear and somehow create their own capitol of crap in whatever state their in!

Today, as I told my dear friend Rachel on the phone, was a day that I didn't want to sweep twice. Most days I will sweep twice... but not today. So today we made a couple of stops before rounding the drive thru at McDonalds and headed on to school almost 30 minutes early. I took my camera as I knew I'd have some time to capture a few wonderful moments on this sunny, Fall, McDonalds Day.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

I hear ya sister. Somedays sweeping 2-4 times is just a waste of time cause you know you'll do it again tomorrow. One time I told my husband I sweep at least once a day and he actually said, "Yeah right". We never had that conversation again.

Maggie said...

I hear ya sister. Somedays sweeping 2-4 times is just a waste of time cause you know you'll do it again tomorrow. One time I told my husband I sweep at least once a day and he actually said, "Yeah right". We never had that conversation again.

Anonymous said...

Not only did you not sweep multiple times - you got more great pictures of those cute little blond Scheis! As I mentioned to you yesterday, a while ago I had one week where we were gone everyday for lunch and I got so excited because I didn't have to clean up after lunch all week - these are the things I get excited about! And, these days as I'm counting down to my due date, I will do anything not to have to get down on the floor - because getting back to a standing position is more energy than I want to exert right now :-)

Rachel