Friday, April 10, 2009

Today's favorite moments...

Runner-ups...

- shopping the 7th Avenue Fresh Produce (open air) Market today. There's something WONDERFUL about buying all my produce so fresh... and the kids ALWAYS choose a honey stick as we're checking out... its become a tradition.

- running into (literally and intentionally) Michelle O'Shea at Costco. I was hoping to catch her screaming expletives moments before her realization that it was me... but she was much too kind. THEN she realized it was me... and then expletives flew.

- all the wonderfully mannered people from street to store today. It was so pleasant in spite of the rain! People were quick to lend a hand, quick to let me into traffic with a smile and a nod, quick to smile at my children and wave, quick to wish the kids and I a 'Happy Easter!'... it was wonderful. People were patient and unhurried today wherever I found myself.

- my time with the Katie and William as we read the crucifixion story (most recent blog) and talked of the details of how painful it was but WHY He did what He did.

- Katie's prayer after we read the crucifixion story. She thanked Jesus for dieing on the cross to save us; she thanked him for being so brave; she thanked him for doing what he did because 'we want to see him' (I can only imagine that she was referring to life with him after we die) - it was beautiful and right from the heart of a child.

***AND THE WINNER MOMENT OF THE DAY***

[Mom] When we get home we're all going to go straight upstairs to our room for naps.

[Katie] Ok. I don't want a quiet time, I want to take a nap today. I'm tired.


[William - at the mere mention of a nap begins to cry uncontrollably] I'm not tired. Daaaaaaddyyyyy... I want my Daaaaaaaddyyyyy... (sniffle, sniffle, eye-rub, eye-rub) I'm not tired. I don't want to take a naaaaaaap.

[Mom - shaking her head and chuckling to herself. Amazingly able to handle the whining and crying] Ok William.

Upon arriving home, William was still crying. I asked him to crawl into his bed - which he did without hesitation and was asleep before I laid Ben down next to him.

It was awesome and predictable from the moment he began crying uncontrollably on our way home.

And I loooooove 'predictable'.

No comments: