Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grapes and Gripes

Safeway ran out of Red Seedless Grapes when they were on sale for $.88/lb so I picked up a raincheck a few weeks ago as I was checking out... I bought 6.5 lbs. of Red Seedless Grapes today. And I've decided buying them during a week when they're NOT on sale, is probably the best way to buy them. The selection is beautiful!

I do believe this is the first time I've pulled out an entire 2 lb. clump of grapes from the plastic bag with only a couple stragglers left behind... it was rather picturesque, if you will...


And secondly, my poor husband. He walks in the door tonight and we're all ecstatic to see him! Then he begins to just... well... 'be around' while I'm preparing the house for bedtime. And I started to get angry! He wasn't 'not doing anything' or 'getting the kids over-excited'... he was just 'being'. He asked me to not be so upset with him (bless his heart, he didn't even suspect that there was reason for me to be mad at him, he just simply met me in the middle and it took the edge off). I then understood that I was mad at him because he has interrupted the way that I do things when he's not around at bedtime - which has been a lot lately due to work. But I'm not used to having him here... whether he's helping or not, I was getting mad.

What gives?! I relaxed and now he is reading bedtime stories to the kids in the living room while I blog.

Hm. This IS nice come to think of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is Hannah?