Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Things that I love...

1. A delicious meal made from all the 'stuff' in my pantry...



(Here I made my own marinara sauce with 'extra chunkiness', topped it with an egg, sprinkled Parmesan cheese over the top and baked it for 24 minutes. Serve with a piece of sourdough bread! Thank you, Martha.)

2. The 'perfect spread' of produce on the island in my kitchen awaiting its demise. Assortment of apples, partially green bananas, a couple avocados, a lemon, a lime, garlic and some cherry tomatoes - which I pureed and utilized in tonight's meal since they were wonderfully ripe! The colors are so beautiful especially right after the kitchen's been wiped down... and the fact that I've got any of the above ingredients at my fingertips is always relaxing.


***PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE ON HAND AND WHY! I LOVE KNOWING WHAT MAKES THE MOST SENSE TO HAVE AROUND... I usually have a couple onions, as well.***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I told you what I always have on hand in my kitchen and why you would think I was a crazy healthfoody person...well you probably already think that so here goes: Dried beans, brown rice, wheat berries (that I grind to make bread), whole dried blue corn (that I can grind and make into tortillas to go with the beans and rice). Most of our meals center around those main ingredients. We try to eat and live simply in order to give generously and travel purposefully (thats our family mantra).