Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Little Boys

Little boys come in all shapes and sizes,
Shy and adventurous, full of surprises,
With misshapen halos and mischievous grins,
Small dirty faces, and sweet, sticky chins.

They'll keep you so busy, and yet all the while
Nothing can brighten the world like their smile.
And no greater treasure has brought homes more joy
Than a curious, active, and lovable boy.





I've needed to do a posting in ode to my boys. I've needed to because the reason for the sticky floors and dirty carpets have less to do with the aftermath of Katie's art sessions and more to do with the boys running in from the outdoors with bowls full of dirt; finding it impossible to transfer food from the bowl to the mouth without dripping; general lack of order; drooling for no reason; dancing in the nude (for too long).

I've found myself discouraged with all I've been working on BECAUSE I can't seem to get on top of the 'sticky floors+' but yet have been so pleased with the joy these two bring me. Just trying to keep my priorities straight.

1 comment:

Holly said...

here here!