Saturday, January 03, 2009

Best laid plans.

In an attempt to create artwork for my house I've been fashioning the perfect time to go take some family photos of just us - Kyle, the kids and myself. I want a print of our entire family stretched onto a 40" x 30" canvas for the wall between our entryway and kitchen. I've had a very clear idea of what I've wanted and how I've wanted it done for a long time now and today was THE DAY. We had a slow-pajama-wearing morning until Benjamin crashed for his morning nap... I then went upstairs to get ready at a leisurely pace while Kyle and kids snuggled on the couch and watched whatever 'kids special' they could find on cable.

We all got out the door just about the time I was losing all rationale due to low blood sugar and racing around the house in high-heeled boots with a long jacket on. Yes. Its not until I am fully ready to walk out the door (hence my boots and jacket) that I remember about 3-4 odds and ends that we need - which, inevitably, just so happen to be at opposite corners of the house from the others.

By the time we got buckled in the car and backing out the drive, I had only shortened my list of 'sites for shooting' to about 3... not so helpful for the moods at hand. Well... ok, ALL were in fantastic moods and trying their darnedest to cheer Mom up God bless their hearts! I threw back some protein and caught up with them on their way to blissfulness. We were all pleasant and thrilled to look so classy - ready for a family photo shoot at... WHO KNOWS WHERE!

Ideally, I would find a long country road somewhere... or some railroad tracks... or a long pier... anything to create the composition I know I want in the photograph. But all those places were so far away and now that we were encroaching on 11:25am, I knew our options were limited to whatever was closest to our lunch stop - Azul, in Mill Creek Town Center.

We ended up on a path which wound itself behind Mill Creek Blvd and the Town Center... I thought we had found the perfect shot and then I backed out. It wasn't what I wanted. We packed the family back to the car... buckled ourselves in and went to lunch... we'll try again tomorrow afternoon. And I already know where we're headed - Old School Road in Monroe. If anyone's wondering what the Scheis are up to tomorrow late morning, you'll find us all walking along a beautiful country road outside of Snohomish smiling and looking rather svelte.

Come check us out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See you in these things, I think, I started feeling good!
Personalized Signature:贵州信息港休闲游戏中心,我爱掼蛋网,重庆游戏中心,金游世界视频棋牌游戏中心,南通棋牌游戏中心,贵港热线休闲游戏中心,淮安棋牌游戏中心