Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dear Diary

Even when things aren't necessarily going on that I think are worthy of a mention, there's always something unworthy of a mention going on and if I'm using this blog as a place to 'jot my thot' then I need to give even the most menial a mention at times...

Here are a few of the small things:

1. Beer-Brined Grilled Pork Chops - best pork chops you'll ever eat. Discovered this brine a couple of weeks ago and I may have found the perfect recipe. We grilled it until the meat reached between 145 and 150 and then tented it for 5 minutes, or so. OH MY GOODNESS!

2. Tomorrow I'm traveling by myself with Benjamin to Eastern WA while Kyle has a weekend at home with the big kids. Chad Lusk's memorial service is on Saturday in La Grand, Oregon. Ben and I will be accompanying my Mom and Dad to the service and back over to the Lusk home for a BBQ and some time to visit. I expect it to be a memorable weekend as we remember Chad and give glory to the Lord for the moments we spent with him during his life.

3. Today at BSF (Bible Study Fellowship), our Teaching Leader broke the ice with these police quotes that were caught on tape - it got a good laugh:

#16 "You know, stop lights don't come any redder that the one you just
went through."

#15 "Relax, the handcuffs are tight because they're new. They'll
stretch after you wear them a while."

# 14 "If you take your hands off the car, I'll make your birth
certificate a worthless document."

#13 "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

#12 "Can you run faster than 1200 feet per second? Because that's the
speed of the bullet that'll be chasing you."

#11 "You don't know how fast you were going? I guess that means I can
write anything I want to on the ticket, huh?"

#10 "Yes, sir, you can talk to the shift supervisor, but I don't
think it will help. Oh, did I mention that I'm the shift supervisor?"

#9 "Warning! You want a warning? O.K., I'm warning you not to do that
again or I'll give you another ticket."

#8 "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are
drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

#7 "Fair? You want me to be fair? Listen, fair is a place where you go
to ride on rides, eat cotton candy and corn dogs and step in monkey
poop."

#6 "Yeah, we have a quota. Two more tickets and my wife gets a toaster
oven."

#5 "In God we trust, all others we run through NCIC."

#4 "How big were those 'Just two beers' you say you had?"

#3 "No sir, we don't have quotas anymore. We used to, but now we're
allowed to write as many tickets as we can."

#2 "I'm glad to hear that chief (of Police) Hawker is a personal
friend of yours. So you know someone who can post your bail."

AND THE WINNER IS....

#1 "You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we
don't. Sign here."

... but truly, it was the final one that had women laughing all the way through prayer. 150 women in the sanctuary and as Claire (our TL) is praying one woman would bust up and the chuckle would just roll through the crowd. She ended the prayer time laughing and shaking her head saying, 'that's harsh... really harsh...' - laughing still as she dismissed us.

4. The good news is that my Mastitis is almost gone and no longer painful... the bad news is that I have to go buy a load of new bras which wouldn't be much of a problem had my mother-in-law not introduced me to the bra authority - Nordstroms. $$$$

I think that's about it for right now.

I will go and hand wash the dishes in need of hand washing, change out the laundry, fold the laundry, take out the recycle and the trash, pack for the weekend away (should be easy with ONE kid), wash the counter tops and, if possible, sweep the floors.

Cheers.



2 comments:

Geoff/Amy said...

I love reading you blog

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!!! (I also love reading your blog) I hope your weekend went well- I was thinking about you as I know you had this trip coming up and hope you were doing okay, and your family! Love you!