Friday, January 02, 2009

VICTORIOUS


I don't know if many of you in reading my blog also read the comments that accompany my blogs. In any case, I was made privy to a comment made on one of my most recent blogs and so I immediately went to check it out!

Though my immediate reaction was a little highschoolish and defensive, I realized that I truly do want to hear others opinions about the ways that I choose to raise my children - especially those who question the way that Kyle and I have chosen to do it! In the comments this Mom made she was concerned that my children would grow in fear of me and not understand the love and compassion that comes from Christ due to the way we were dealing with the situation at hand. In reading this comment over and over I felt that she had all the best intentions in saying what she did -- and furthermore, had my children's best interests in mind! In pondering the comments made, I outright asked both Katie and William this morning,

"Katie and William. When Daddy and I discipline you [spank + conversation] does it scare you or do you feel safe?" Both Katie and William looked at me quizzically like, 'why are you asking such odd things, Mom?' They went back to playing with their toys for a minute and in unison answered, "Safe..." Katie went on to explain that she has learned that in her moments of fear she's trusting God now and praying all by herself at night! I smiled and looked at her with close to tears in my eyes...

Victorious. Christ victorious, not me by any means! There's no better definition for it.

Yes... I do believe the path before you is becoming more and more bearable. You are becoming equipped, my child. THAT is my heart for you.

5 comments:

anne said...

I think you guys are incredible parents! You're doing a great job with these children the Lord has blessed you with...way to go!

anne said...

I think you guys are incredible parents! You're doing a great job with these children the Lord has blessed you with...way to go!

Unknown said...

I admire your parenting. Anyone who has witnessed it first hand can't deny how much love you give your kids and what a secure home you have in every way.

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
PE Net